Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Jeopardy Analysis

As part of the Cat on a Hot Tin Roof group, I was the person in charge of the actual making of the presentation. After the initial breaking into groups, we immediately started to choose a format for how we would present the information. Within a week it was decided that we would put together a Jeopardy game and each of us were going to provide a category. Besides putting together my category, I began to set up a format on my computer as a medium for the game because I had the most experience on the computer (as far as I knew). Subsequent to the choosing of the method in which we would use, we then gathered together one time as a group (outside of class) where we discussed the different categories that we would cover and how we could incorporate themes and group discussions. Since there were only four members who showed up at the meeting, we got a chance to discuss possible categories, and then, in class, we got a chance to review with the other group members what was discussed and they chose the categories that they would cover, which for me was symbolism. At that point we left the creating of the categories to the different group members and I became the nagging, monomaniacal group member who pursued the group members who hadn’t sent me their categories. After that, I incorporated them into the Jeopardy “game” that I had created. Finally, 8:30 PM on Sunday, my pestering paid off, for I was sent the last category and was able to finish up the presentation, ready for class. Then, we gathered before class, did a final rundown on how we would present it and set it up in the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment